SPOTLIGHT

Friday, October 21, 2005

Coldstone

When it comes to ice-cream, the calorie conscious, diet watching mind of mine catches a quick wink. The strict instructions of the gym trainer simply go for a toss. I simply love eating icecreams and at any time of the day.
Recall those days in Bombay when often after dinner, my sweet tooth would lead me to stalk the suburban icecream parlors; Naturals and Gokul. The man selling kulfi opposite Hongkong Bank in Bandra would be heaving a sigh of relief.As, now I am seven seas away to terrorize and chide at him if he is short of the mango and plain kulfi and didnt save them for me.
Could relate to the craving Preity Zinta had; in the not so great flick; for Ben and Jerry belgian choclate icecream (hell no..i am not pregnant) and with he paune barah baje ghar se chale song only that extent..the fact she was 7 months pregnant and dancing with that gut was indigestable..well
I am not being paid for promoting it..but even if they don't, I simply can't stop praising Coldstone Creamery.
It is one of the best ice-creams I have had in US. Being a connoisseur of icecreams, you should take my word for it and if you have a store near you, just run for it now.
Today was simply a boring day, nothing seemed to fall in its place.
Stopped the morning alarm, thought of catching 5 more minutes of sleep and finally when I opened my eyes it was already the time when I am usually sipping my morning coffee in office.
Had to skip bath, thanked the inventor of deodrant as I sprayed half a bottle on myself; changed and hit the road. Needless to say there was a traffic jam awaiting me 3 blocks down the road.
Reached office to an email of the tasks to be done for the day, which would take any ordinary person almost a week. Yippie my manager thinks I am superhuman!!
Needed coffee but we were out of creamers in office and the person incharge of office supplies was on leave and it would be replenished only on Monday now. Noticed some generous soul had volunteered and got Starbucks for most of the staff but I was late to miss the offering. Felt crappy through the rest of the day trying to complete the herculean task set forth. Could manage to complete it partially; which means I will have to ruin my weekend.
Frustrated and irritated I was driving back home; had to take a longer route due to construction work on the usual road; thats when I noticed something and all my worries and irritation vanished into thin air.
Yes you guessed it correct, a coldstone icecream parlour. Pampered myself with a strawberry shortcake serenade.
That was the only saving grace of a crappy Friday. Thank god for small mercies and coldstone!

5 Comments:

  • Me first!!

    My best memories of ice-cream are the ones that this guy used to sell outside my school for 50 paise -- the orange lolly kind! Sigh... those were the days :)

    By Blogger Sayesha, at 7:21 PM  

  • Ummm...Ice cream!!!

    By Blogger Raj, at 10:13 PM  

  • @Sayesha: Jaane kahan gaye woh din...
    @ Raj: Ummmmm....(*as I eat a spoonful of choclate almond icecream*)

    By Blogger Parth Anand, at 10:45 PM  

  • Coldstone is GREAT! I love it!

    But it's pretty darn expensive! SO I don't go there often. How very sad...

    By Blogger Abigail S., at 2:17 AM  

  • hey there, have you tried any baskin robbin flavours,if yes what do you think of them. i m doin a bit of research on the icecream industry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home