SPOTLIGHT

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lies at work....

I decided to take half day yesterday as I had the phone interview scheduled for late afternoon. But inorder to get it approved I had to inform my manager and give him a satisfactory excuse. Guess in such cases, the hidden part of my devilious personality comes into foreground. I have been postponing the imminent task of going to the department of motor vehicle (DMV) to get a califonian drivers license. I have a license of the state from where I did my graduation. So I happily cited to everyone in office that I need to go to the DMV and get the license issue sorted out. To be able to look up in the eye and answer the question that I would be asked the next day, I decided to pay the DMV a visit before I got to work in the morning.
It felt nice reaching home before the sun has set for a change but the ordeal, the phone interview was still pending and it made me nervous.

Trust me when I say this, when the interviewer called and I realised she was an *indian*. I knew she was going to give me a tough time and she didnt let me down. I totally fail to understand the mentality of Indians, they simply want to prove that they are more intellectual and more supperior than others. I am not denying any of it, infact I am proud that she is in a commanding position today, but to simply demonstrate that she grilled me with questions and then challenged my answers. So every word I uttered, I had to back it up with an example to justify it. The one hour verbal duel left me exhausted and thirsty. Am I wishing too high, that they asked no questions and hired the person rightaway as he was indian too...Well...had it been an american interviewer, the whole process would have been shorter and smoother. Its either you know an answer or you don't. They never try to lead you to dig your own grave and fall in your own trap.
Anyways, on the whole the screening went decent. I thank all those who wished and please pray that I get to move to the next step in the process.

As ill-luck would have it, I ran into my co-worker at the gas station in the evening. To coverup for the lie about DMV, I had to lie again saying that I didnt have all the documents with me and they asked me to come the next day.

Had to rush to the DMV in the morning, wait in the queue, give the vision test and then the written test..and after all this they say they will mail you the license in 2-3 weeks and my pocket is 25 bucks lighter today..Ughhhh...

3 Comments:

  • Very true when Indian ppl are interviewing they try to prove their dominance. I dunno why. Hopefully everything goes well Good luck again. Just make sure ppl from ur work do not accidently google to this blog.

    By Blogger Thanu, at 5:24 PM  

  • Wishing u all the best.
    Hope things turn for the better, and lets hope that an American takes ur interview!!!

    By Blogger Arun R, at 11:12 PM  

  • I've tagged u with a story tree on my blog...

    -thanu

    By Blogger Thanu, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home