SPOTLIGHT

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Am back....after a Hiatus....

Oh Man...What a long week it has been for me. Packing, cleaning, moving, cleaning again and then unpacking and then different work hours everyday...Phew!!
Finally got a chance to breathe and do what I love the most....surf the web. I am still in the adjustment mode. The city is new, people around are way so different and believe me as I say this, even though the relocation was only 115 miles but it is a whole new world. I feel just like I felt when I came to US three years ago. Alone!! But the *big* difference now is that I am no more a naive young fellow that I was! Young yes, still and always but I believe I am more equipped and experienced now to quickly adapt to the the new surroundings.
The management at the old apartment gave me a tough time when I went to turn in the keys. It was more like that they wanted to keep the deposit to themselves. They wanted to charge me for the broken drawers that have always been broken before I moved in. They wanted to deduct for cleaning and sanitizing the carpet which was very well vacuumed by me and it was spotless. I understand the sanitizing part, but why rip that money off my deposit. The apartment I moved in, is big and spacious. I am sharing it with another Indian. The guy who moved out didnt have the courtesy to clean the room when he left. Spent most of my thanksgiving weekend in cleaning and unpacking. Have still to open and arrange 2 more box full of stuff. Thats the fun in store for this weekend :(

Well, I am sorry to you all (ROS and Thanu in particular) for the disappearing act...I didnt get time to blog, but I did sporadically check your blogs a couple of times. Thanks for checking...
And yes...now I am going to be more regular :)

6 Comments:

  • Nice to have u back in the blog-world.

    Shifting is a real pain. I have done it a no of times, since my dad works in a bank, he used to get transfered every 2 years.

    By Blogger Arun R, at 8:06 PM  

  • Glad u r k.

    I hate moving. Only when u move, u realize the amount of junk u have accumulated. Speaking of which our lease ends in Feb.

    Glad to see u back in action.

    By Blogger Thanu, at 8:10 PM  

  • You are back, finally.

    About the broken drawers, its a good idea to look around and show the mgmt. what is already broken the day you move in so that they can't blame you for it.

    Anyways, welcome back.

    By Blogger Raj, at 8:42 PM  

  • IDIOT.Phew:(
    Ek mail nahi kar sakta??yahan to internet kitna accessible hai.Duffer

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 8:49 PM  

  • Welcome back, Parth! Missed your quips on my blog! :D

    By Blogger Sayesha, at 9:20 PM  

  • :)

    WB Mate!!Glad you are all settled at the new place & set to roll.Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home