SPOTLIGHT

Monday, October 31, 2005

What I don't like about Mondays


Waking up on time everyday is a big challenge for me but the task appears much tougher on mondays. Even though you have slept like a log over the weekend but come monday morning you don't feel like getting out of the comfort of your cosy bed.
Well..can't help it, you are bound to experience it and nothing can be done about it. I am not complaining about it.
So your day starts in a grumpy mood, you curse the alarm for missing its ring. After a quick shower and shorter (skipped) breakfast you reach office. Now this is what I dread Mondays for.
You enter office and anyone you run into, in the hallway, at the coffee pot, or whoever walks in your cubicle, the first thing they ask is "How was your weekend?"
Nothing wrong in asking so, infact thanks for your courteousness but it would be appreciated more if you were prepared to listen to the answer. But trust me! Most of them don't have the time to hear your weekend epic tales or are simply not interested. And that irritates me! why ask if you don't want to know.
So you simply give the expected answer "It was good" and return the courtesy with "How was yours?".
You get back "Great!" and oh well! the conversation thankfully ends!



Only your close friends or co-workers would be concerned what you are upto and so instead of it being a monday morning ritual, they would ask you everyday how your previous evening was...

Well....can't help it..When in Rome...Do the Romans!! (Exxxxxxxxaaaccccctly)

2 Comments:

  • @ sheela : Thanks for your visit...and wish you a happy diwali too

    @vikram : yeh hui na baat :P

    By Blogger Parth Anand, at 11:06 PM  

  • I love Garfield... keep collecting its strips from various sites....

    Added the pic to my collection... ;) Its a good one!!!

    I am able to idetify a lot with the Monday Syndrome.... I suffer from it every Monday!!!

    By Blogger Arun R, at 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home