SPOTLIGHT

Thursday, November 03, 2005

To care or to share is the question...

"To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer"

To quote William Shakespeare from Hamlet where he questions whether to passively accept and suffer through all the pains of life, fate throws at him, or to end in death these numerous troubles and ultimately end his pain.
The issue that is really bothering me these days is whether to care or to share.
I am all ears to friends who freely discuss their issues. I can patiently hear them out and give them advise when needed. Probably it is my inquistive nature, but I like listening to what is going on in their life. All my friends know that in case of any problems they can always fall back on me. But when it comes to me, I wonder why, but there is always a restrain. I somehow don't like talking about myself. I am not comfortable discussing about my issues only for the reason that I don't want to burden anyone with it and add to their worries. So I remain mum about them.
Now this has started to irk a couple of my friends who have started to complain that I don't share with them, don't talk to them as freely as they do. I don't know whats the solution to this. I guess people are inviting trouble. If they want to listen about me, I will only have complains and frustrations to share because thats the way life is treating moi.

So ain't it better that they give me their worries and in return I talk to them about everything under the sun..from cricket to bollywood..except my life.

Isn't it better to only care about them and have them share??

4 Comments:

  • I think, if you are comfortable keeping things to yourself then it is OK. I dont think confiding things work both ways..Tune bola to mujhe bhi bolna chahiye"

    If you think you can reach a solution without consulting anyone, thats the way it should be.

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 3:20 PM  

  • Just let ur friends know, I wud rather keep things to myself.

    By Blogger Thanu, at 8:54 PM  

  • @Sheela :
    It is pointless to share something with people who have totally no idea what's really going on with some specific issues themselvses
    Precisely...at times I feel they will not be able to understand how grave the situation is..or probably will not be able to handle it maturely...so i choose to keep it to myself...but then i have to face the brunt of their complains that I hide matters from them

    @ROS: tune bola to mujhe bhi bolna chaiye
    Well it is tough to make friends realize that...at times there are certain expectations and then they question...and at times when I show my concern, I get curt replies like "tu kuch khud batata hai..so please stay away"
    Well its their call..but nevertheless it hurts..

    @thanu: At times I do try to make them understand that things are a little messy and I will let you know when it is appropriate..But you see..i really treasure my friends..we stand by each other through thick and thin..at times i get the guilt of not involving them but then i fear that it will worry them unneccessary...
    so like ROS said if i can handle the situation myself i try to refrain from involving them...

    By Blogger Parth Anand, at 10:45 PM  

  • Ok that sounds like me. I've gotten that from a lot of my friends. Dunno why I can't talk about stuff though

    By Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz), at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home