SPOTLIGHT

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pulled over

Seems my expenses are going to outrun this month. My problems dont seem to end. Havent yet paid the high cell phone and now an additional expense is making my wallet more lighter.
I talk on the phone while driving only when the drive is long otherwise music plays a perfect companion and if the phone rings then I follow selective answering.
This ill fated evening, I was peacefully listening to kyun ki songs while driving back from work. The phone rang. It was Xiangxou Xang, my co-worker from my previous job. I had not spoken to her in a long time and the thought that I will get to hear the latest office gossip, made me answer the phone.
Now without earphones, you have only one hand to steer the car. Driving with one hand is not too hard and only when you have to take a turn, you can balance the phone with your ear and shoulder support and maneuver the car with both your hands.
Her phone had gotten me excited, I missed a turn that I usually take and landed up driving on unfamilar path. At the next light I had to take a right turn to get on track. I took a right turn and got on the lane to take my next left turn when the cop from behind flashed his light.
Hung up the phone on Xiangxou, got back to the exteme right lane and pulled over.
The cop got out of his car and got down to check for me. I rolled down my windows. From far he asked me to raise both my hands, to make sure I wasnt carrying any weapons. He then asked , if I knew why he pulled me over. Before I could say a word, he said that when I took the turn, I didnt turn on my indicator and when I took the turn, I got into the left lane again without giving any indication and this could have confused the cars behind and cause them to hit me from behind. I was too tongue tied to say anything. He tore a ticket. The 3 mile drive that was left to get home, took 15 minutes, drove at 10 mph.
Trust me as I say this, agreed I was on the phone and thus my hand was tied and I could not give an indication but I had made sure when I took all turns and I was very cautious.

I dont know if I should contest this ticket, even if I do win it I still would have to pay court charges.

First the Cell phone bill and now the ticket, it seems it is going to be a cold december.

14 Comments:

  • :)

    I tell you Mate ...No Woman No Cry.. ;) I am sure if it was Guys call U wont have had picked up & ended up getting the ticket.Take care :)


    PS: YAY!! MOI First "Muaahahahaha"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 AM  

  • As the say December is the month when ppl spend lot of money.

    Call and see how much the fine is. If it is too much try appearing in court and pleading to the judge. He/She mite reduce the amt. Or take some online class so ur license doesn't get any points and hence increase ur insurance.

    Chalo good luck.

    By Blogger Thanu, at 12:27 PM  

  • Yikes!! Thats one thing you have to be careful of in North America- the cops. They love to hand out tickets.

    By Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz), at 1:46 PM  

  • Oh damn! tht sux..dint know..you could get a ticket for not giving an "INDICATOR" I will be more cautious.Whenever, I am coming back from lab, I always talk to someone for that 10 minutes..and half of teh time it has to be Nandya or Bhole:O
    So, well, I guess it doesnt hurt to contest. If you win, you can sue the police:D

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 4:36 PM  

  • Oops!!!

    At the end of it all, u keep wondering how trouble keeps finding u, when the going is bad... no matter what precautions u take..... Happened a no: of times to me!!!!

    By Blogger Arun R, at 8:29 PM  

  • // The 3 mile drive that was left to get home, took 15 minutes, drove at 10 mph.//

    That sounds like something I would do. Jab expenses aate hain to saath main hi aate hain.

    By Blogger Raj, at 12:15 AM  

  • haha!
    poor u! (literally too)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at 5:39 AM  

  • Lately parth have been upto lot of disappearing act.

    I think he has taken up a second job to help him with all his bills.

    By Blogger Thanu, at 3:46 PM  

  • Thanu!
    I just sent an email to him yesterday too;)

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 3:49 PM  

  • Ey.. imagine something like that happening in India.. ever!

    Ah! the trouble women bring along even when they are not in sight

    By Blogger N David, at 2:42 AM  

  • hehehehe... behind every problem there is a woman... :-)

    thats all i have to say about that (from Forrest Gump)

    By Blogger virdi, at 3:50 AM  

  • that sucks.

    the guy must have had a bad day. cuz he certainly seemed OVERLY rude/mean to you.

    By Blogger Becky L, at 10:56 AM  

  • // The 3 mile drive that was left to get home, took 15 minutes, drove at 10 mph.//

    Did u walk the last half mile??:P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 AM  

  • new post!!! new post!!! new post!!!

    V..

    By Blogger virdi, at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home