SPOTLIGHT

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ripped off

The problems in my life never seem to end. This morning I decided to pay my credit card, phone and light bills as well as change my address in their record. I logged on to cingular site and lo behold! It showed my current bill as $221.68. It were the charges for this month only, not any previous outstanding charges from last months. My heart came into my mouth. When I interrogated further I realized *the sin* I had commited. I had exceeded my alloted day time minutes(550) and was completely oblivious of the fact. So it is needless to say that I kept on talking thinking that I had enough. The billing cycle ends on 26th of the month and I had outrun my minutes on the 17th itself. Those 9 days accounted for 430 extra minutes and I was charged at 40 cents per minute.
Now the relocation itself had costed me enough from my own pocket and this additional charge by all means is a little too much to bear. I didnt want to pay it quietly, so I decided to seek help from the customer service at Cingular. The queue time was 10 minutes but I didnt crib this time. Luckily I was attended by a patient lady who heard my story that I had relocated in the last 2 weeks and didnt have internet connection to check my day time minutes. She agreed to waive 30% of the extra minutes but that still left me with a large amount to pay. I wasnt too satisfied, so I continued to request her to give me more credit as I have been a customer since 2 years. It did pay off, she extended 10% more and said thats the maximum she can help.
Oh well...I am surely thankful to her for providing some relief. Something is better than nothing.
But nevertheless I have huge expenses to pay off this month...
Please..please....please don't remind me that christmas, my sister's and my best friends birthdays are round the corner!!!

5 Comments:

  • Hey Parth I hope u are settled,relaxed,comfortable now ...my good wishes to you for your new destination.

    Take care and God bless u.

    By Blogger shitij, at 12:42 AM  

  • Sheesh! man that sucks..but you can always check your minutes by pressing #MIN# and SEND. Works for everyone..
    Take care next time on!

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 2:49 PM  

  • Chalo, at least you got a little relief.

    By Blogger Raj, at 12:38 AM  

  • Maybe its time to switch to Tmobile or Verizon where u can dial #646#, #646 and get the minutes used report directly on ur phone. Anywaz sorry to hear abt this, but I know u willb e a lote more careful next time.

    -thanu

    By Blogger Thanu, at 10:34 AM  

  • i like cingular with Rollover. cuz what you dont use one month goes on over to the next.

    especially around christm... oh, i'm not supposed to remind you that its coming... especially since December is busy and lots of calls will be made, its good to have those minutes saved up from previous months.

    hope all goes well!!!

    By Blogger Becky L, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home