SPOTLIGHT

Friday, December 30, 2005

Year gone by

As 2006 is knocking on the door and 2005 is running towards the exit, I find myself overwhelmed with a mixed bag of emotions. On one hand it is the usual feeling that time literally flew and the year is coming to an end so soon. I bet you will agree with me that this year got over before we even realized it. And on the other hand is a feeling of guilt, the long list of new year resolutions from the beginning of the year is still uncompleted. Many of the promises made to thyself have been broken. It evokes a certain sadness that one year of life went by and I find myself standing at the same threshold. Makes me think if other than physical aging if I gained any mental maturity. I am left wondering in whose team am I playing in, the one that is destined to win or if I am fighting a war already lost. The consoling part of such thoughts also sink in somewhere to look at the positive aspect of all this. It is a new beginning, a new dawn to awake to. More hopes and more aspirations.
All these thoughts lead me to setting up benchmarks, making my new year resolution and as always promises that this year I will stand by them all.
Life is simply moving in a circle.

Best wishes and greetings as we all Ring out the old and ring in the new.....

11 Comments:

  • Happy new Year~ Keep rocking:)

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 8:51 PM  

  • //one year of life went by and I find myself standing at the same threshold//

    SO AGREE TO THIS ONE!!

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at 8:52 PM  

  • :)


    Hey hey ..Welcome Back Mate.Me was thinking You got pulled over again ;).Have a awesome yearend blast.May all your dreams & wishs for 2006 come true. Cheers!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • Happy New Year!!!

    By Blogger virdi, at 4:37 AM  

  • Wsih you a very happy new year!!

    By Blogger Raj, at 12:40 AM  

  • wow, you really are reflecting a lot.

    i should probably try that. it might do me some good.

    have a good new year! hope you do accomplish the goals that you are setting.

    By Blogger Becky L, at 2:16 PM  

  • Season's Greetings and a very Happy New Year to you

    By Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz), at 6:09 PM  

  • Happy New Year!!!!

    Hope all ur resolutions for this year stand good.

    By Blogger Arun R, at 2:48 AM  

  • Wishing you a great year ahead, and hoping to see you back in bloggerdom more often.

    By Blogger N David, at 9:55 PM  

  • Belated wishes for a new year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 AM  

  • Parth, have you stopped blogging?? :(

    By Blogger Sayesha, at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home